It’s a brand new year! Are you thinking of making a change in 2014? If you’re considering having any kind of cosmetic procedure, it’s a good idea to take some time to reflect on your motivations, hopes and expectations for the process and results.
Here are a few questions it’s important to ask yourself as you decide whether a procedure is right for you.
- What are the main reasons I want to have this procedure?
- Does the area or issue I want to address keep me from going out in public?
- Does it keep me from having relationships or friendships with people?
- How much will money influence my selection of surgeon and procedure?
- Have I talked to others who have had a similar procedure, and what were their experiences like?
- How much of my day do I spend thinking about having the procedure?
- How do I feel about the cosmetic surgeon I have selected? Do I feel ease and trust in the relationship? Is this choice the best fit for me?
- Do I have any questions remaining about the procedure?
- Will I be able and willing to take the time needed for recovery and proper care after the procedure?
- How do I envision my body and my life being different after the procedure?
Cosmetic procedures can certainly complement other positive life changes, but they should not be looked to as a way to completely change your life. It’s vital to make your goals for the procedure realistic and part of an otherwise healthy, balanced life.
As you are considering all your options, feel free to give us a call with any questions at 770-955-9000.