Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP)
Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) is similar to tattooing and unique in a variety of ways. It is a highly advanced type of cosmetic pigmentation on the scalp. Specialized technique and equipment, including machines, needles and pigments is used in SMP for injecting pigment within the scalp. This helps in creating what looks like a hair follicle. Vinings Surgery Center, led by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Colgrove, provides Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) non-surgical hair solution to create fuller looking hair to patients in Atlanta, Marietta, Georgia, and surrounding communities.
Intricate and Advanced Procedure
Scalp Micropigmentation is a highly intricate procedure which resembles tattooing. This means you leave the treatment provider’s office with permanent and immediate results. The needs of each client are unique. This is why the pigment is customized to exactly match your hair type and color. The treatment is gently administered with a soft approach to create natural looking results. The quality of Scalp Micropigmentation depends on the following:
- Using the correct micro-needles, machines, and pigments
- Getting treated by an experienced and skilled practitioner
How Does It Work?
The follicle shaped needle implants go directly in the epidermis and don’t reach the dermis. Your scalp skin has a mixture of cross fibers. The cells have lumen present within them which allows the ink to reach the dermis and stay there for consistent shape and size of the tattoo.
Scalp Micropigmentation Process
It takes about 2 – 3 sessions for completing the treatment. This is how it usually happens:
- The first step is creating a tailor-made treatment plan. Your treatment provider will assess your unique amount of hair loss to gain an understanding of the type of results you want to achieve from the procedure. During the initial consultation, the treatment provider will explain the process in detail and guide you through it.
- The treatment will begin by laying the foundation of the new look. It is best to stay conservative when it comes to SMP. Your scalp may remain slightly red after the first treatment. This is normal and to be expected. It should return to normal on its own.
- The second treatment is to fill in more detailing in the pigments. It allows for the pigments to be a shade darker than the initial session. The treatment will really come to life during this session with focus on perfecting the look. Any questions, requests or concerns you have will be addressed during this session.
- In some cases, a third session may be required that is usually completed after 4 – 12 weeks from the initial two sessions. This is generally for touch-ups and to make the pigments darker.
Time Taken During the Procedure
The procedure doesn’t take more than 3 – 4 hours during the first session and 2 – 3 hours for the next session. In some cases, clients may require or request for a third session to complete their treatment. Session time for the third appointment varies between 1 – 2.5 hours. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Robert Colgrove receives patients from Atlanta, Marietta, Georgia, and nearby areas for Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) non-surgical hair solution to create fuller looking hair.
Contact Atlanta Plastic Surgeon Dr. Colgrove to Schedule a Consultation
Vinings Surgery Center is taking patients from Greater Atlanta Georgia, Buckhead, Marietta, Roswell, Dunwoody and surrounding areas.